Since 1924, Southwestern Academy has been located in the small, exclusive city of San Marino, California, impressively ranked as an A+ community (niche.com). Within this beautiful and safe suburb of Los Angeles, our campus is situated upon six gorgeous acres of mature trees, green lawns, and historic buildings.
With almost a century of experience in the education and housing of young people, we are steadfast in maintaining a faculty and staff of those who exude energy, positivity, and an unwavering dedication to placing the interests and safety of the students above all else.
For those whom we invite to join our wonderful and amazing Southwestern Academy community, adherence to the following standards is to be expected:
- Be aware of and support our mission and vision.
- Act as an advisor to students, meeting with them individually as needed and requested.
- As a boarding school, all members of the faculty and staff are expected to assist as necessary in life beyond the classroom through club events, activities, and field trips.
- Maintain high expectations in the classroom that include college preparation for all students.
- Provide students and their families with information on classroom activities and student progress as needed and requested.
- Maintain a professional manner when working with students, staff and parents/families in all situations, including academic and co-curricular activities and events.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
Please send inquiries and materials by email to:
Southwestern Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.