|THE SAN MARINO CAMPUS
Southwestern Academy’s original campus
is located on eight acres in the city of San Marino, a residential
community with gracious homes, in the San Gabriel Valley
near Pasadena. Ten miles away, the sprawling city of Los
Angeles acts as a learning laboratory for our students, offering
a range of museums, theaters, concerts, and more as field
trip destinations. Weather in the Pasadena area is mild and
sunny in our location at the foot of the San Gabriel Mountains.
In a traditional boarding school setting, we offer the following academic programs:
- Middle School (grades 6-8)
- College Preparatory High School (grades 9-12)
- English as a Second Language
- Postgraduate Year
- Summer Programs
A limited number of day students are offered admission to these programs.
Accommodating 145 students, our distinctive, red-roofed buildings circle athletic fields, fruit trees, and more:
- Lincoln Hall contains an assembly and study room, nine classrooms, a science lab, library, and computer center.
- Pioneer Hall, the original governor’s mansion where the school was founded, includes dining rooms, some classrooms, and offices.
- Washington Gymnasium houses a volleyball and basketball court and weight room.
- The Visual and Performing Arts complex includes vocal and instrumental music areas, a spectrum of media, and the latest technology for both music and multimedia arts.
- Lush flower and vegetables garden areas, a greenhouse, and chapel offer quiet places to relax and reflect.
- A broadband wireless network allows students to surf the web anywhere on campus.
- The four boys’ dorms are located on campus. Girls’ dorms are a mile south.